- RSS Channel Showcase 6613483
- RSS Channel Showcase 1628621
- RSS Channel Showcase 4489260
- RSS Channel Showcase 1946761
Articles on this Page
- 07/05/12--02:44: _New PB- chest :D
- 07/20/12--15:08: _Client getting head...
- 07/21/12--00:40: _Manual work & Training
- 08/02/12--18:34: _Power lifting shoes.
- 08/06/12--13:12: _Muscle Ups
- 08/08/12--22:18: _You will never maxi...
- 08/17/12--19:49: _How much can you DB...
- 09/09/12--01:44: _So whats everyone t...
- 09/19/12--04:00: _Terrible Bench Pres...
- 10/18/12--02:18: _Personal training
- 10/19/12--06:56: _Who¡s dominating th...
- 10/19/12--11:44: _Can you guys help e...
- 12/20/12--04:07: _Extreme Bulk
- 03/22/13--06:08: _Complete P90x & Los...
- 03/29/13--15:47: _Inpirational Workou...
- 04/10/13--04:31: _Long term 6 pack
- 04/13/13--12:04: _What Are your Goals?
- 04/16/13--14:35: _Latest short term g...
- 12/29/15--08:05: _Best cert?
- 05/05/16--00:37: _The ego has landed
- 07/05/12--02:44: New PB- chest :D
- 07/20/12--15:08: Client getting headaches and feeling tired...
- 07/21/12--00:40: Manual work & Training
- 08/02/12--18:34: Power lifting shoes.
- 08/06/12--13:12: Muscle Ups
- 08/08/12--22:18: You will never maximize your lat growth with compound lifts.
- 08/17/12--19:49: How much can you DB shrug ?
- 09/09/12--01:44: So whats everyone training tommorow?
- 09/19/12--04:00: Terrible Bench Press Plateau
- 10/18/12--02:18: Personal training
- 10/19/12--06:56: Who¡s dominating the fitness field?
- 10/19/12--11:44: Can you guys help explain something to me?
- 12/20/12--04:07: Extreme Bulk
- 03/22/13--06:08: Complete P90x & Lose 20lbs
- 03/29/13--15:47: Inpirational Workout Tweets
- 04/10/13--04:31: Long term 6 pack
- 04/13/13--12:04: What Are your Goals?
- 04/16/13--14:35: Latest short term goal?
- 12/29/15--08:05: Best cert?
- 05/05/16--00:37: The ego has landed
Considering I've come off gear atm, just goes to show I've never really pushed myself to my full potential,
Don't bother with BB pressing as I clean tore 2 tendons in my RC few years ago
I switch between DB's and seated machine.
This morning -
57.5kg dumbells. Only two reps but still two more than ever before
Don't usually do both flat DB and flat chest mach. In one workout but I've never really bothered with one rep max's so I gave it a go ..
160kg x 2 chest press machine (seated)...
New PB- chest
He's a very thin, small guy who wants to gain. I have him on a four day resistance training split and a conditioning day on Saturday.
I understand it likely to be dehydration. He's drinking even under 50 oz of water a day. And the last I had seen him, he hadn't eaten a lot plus it wasn't clean. He also eats a load of bananas a day. 4-6 somedays. Sugar too high?
He tried cancelling the last session but came in because he didn't want to lose it...he had been physically drained all day. He...
Client getting headaches and feeling tired...
Hope this is in the right section as there are multiple questions in here...
What do people who do heavy manual work do in relation to training volume and diet? I've started a new job where there is quite a lot of lifting heavy studio / event equipment most of the day....
Do you find you have to work less in the gym to maximize gains, or tweak your training in some way?*
And also, seeing as you'd be burning a lot more calories do you have to compensate with additional food/protein...
Manual work & Training
Looking at investing in some quality footwear.
What's out there that are flat and will help with my squats and deadlifts?
Anyone do/tried them?
I had a bash at them the other day at the gym (cos it was quiet) and managed 2.
There's video's on youtube of people doing them, I'd put a link on but I'm at work.
Why? The weak link in the chain (your arms) will fail long before your lats have done enough work....it doesnt matter how you perform the compound lifts this WILL happen, your arms are a much smaller weaker muscle group.
Possibly in wrong section but how much can you DB shrug ?
I can get up to the 60's then my grip gives up ?
Interested to see what you guys can do.
Over to you ?
Im guessing some people take the day off training sundays, So what are people training tomorow ??
I've been weightlifting seriously for about 5 years, i train 5-6 times a week, switching between compound and isolation exercises, etc. I tend to respond well to training and at 5'10 weigh around 190lb of good solid and lean muscle. However, my chest is bloody awful! Lol! I'm barrel chested and for as long as i can recall i've NEVER been able to push past 70kgs (154lbs) for 8 reps. This is appalling in my opinion, considering how all my other exercises are proportionally much heavier and...
Terrible Bench Press Plateau
I wanna be a personal trainer what kind of certification or schooling is good for this?
in my opinion,i've done a research and these fitness gurus are in the top
Vince Del Monte
Who¡s dominating the fitness field?
Sorry if this is in the wrong area but since you guys do this for a living you can probably help me the most make sense of this. What are the advantages of linear progression vs maximal strength periodization? I understand how linear progression is as simple as adding weight each time you lift either from work out to work out or weekly. My question is programs that are designed for maximal strength and the percentages used. For example week 1 3x8 70%, week 2 3x6 80%, week 3 3x3 90%, week 4...
Can you guys help explain something to me?
I will be doing an 'extreme' bulk In January. I will train twice a day for seven-days and I will be eating an excessive amount of natural and clean food.
I'm currently eating two meals per day and fasting so the shock to my body will be huge.
I aim to gain over twenty-pounds in seven-days. Much of weight will be water and glycogen but I hope to gain five-pounds of solid muscle.
My goal is to complete a full cycle of P90x. I'm officially beginning it today, after indulging and gaining some weight over the holidays, on top of the weight I already wanted to lose. Overall, I'm looking to lose just under 20lbs over the course of the program. I'll post my progress each week.
So something a little different to the normal "inspirational quotes" , how about we get a little social and display some inspirational Tweets.
**Note if you haven't seen our Embed Tweet function yet please check it out here
My long term goal is to maintain a strong, solid and sculpted mid-section (6 pack).
I have been rowing about 5700-6000 meters every 2 days for 2 weeks at the gym and am seeing results already in terms of fat loss and definition.
Unfortunately this weekend I went away and have slipped but, I aim to achieve and maintain a good stomach.
Any tips on maintenance once I'm there?
I plan to do a mega bulk in January, as I mentioned in the other thread. My goal in the mean time is to stay healthy and maintain or improve my level of leanness, I'm currently in single digits so I'd be satisfied with just maintaining at this point.
What are your short and long term goals?
What is the last short term goal that you successfully achieved?
I personally achieved mine last week.
I set a goal beforehand that I wanted to lose a few pounds and I finally did it with no cheating on my healthy lifestyle. I usually have a big sweet tooth but I am so glad that I am getting better at self control so this is my personal achievement.
I would love to hear yours!
Am interested in becoming a personel trainer, read some articles, but what is the best certification?
How is ISSA? or NASM?
Hi fellow meatheads,
Thought I'd take this opportunity to let you get to know me.
I've been a top class BB fro the last 15 years and trainer to elite atheletes of all sorts. Primarily bodybuilders but also done some strength and martial arts training for mercenaries and various types of active protective services.
I train guys and girls, but obviously prefer getting behind my girls
If you want any help with ANYTHING to do with strength or martial art training I will now be the man on...
The ego has landed